Friday, 25 July 2008
Tuesday, 17 June 2008
Thursday, 19 July 2007
Homo- and Copolymerization of Norbornene andStyrene with Pd- and Ni-Based Novel Bridge Dinuclear Diimine Complexes and MAO
The beginning of a series of articles about polynuclear catalysis for the polymerisation of ethylene and olefin in general. As I am currently trying to write some of the work done during my PhD studies and I am revisiting my bibliographic introduction.
Xia Mi, Zhi Ma,1,2 Leyong Wang, Yucai Ke,1 Youliang Hu
In this article, the authors reports the synthesis of group 10 bimetallic (1-4) and the ir screening for the homo- and co-polymerisation of norbornene and that of styrene with norbornene.
- Norbornene are cyclic unsaturated alkyl that can beused as monomer or comonomer in polymerisation process
- monometallic complexes based on transition metal (Ni, Pd, Cr, Zr, Ti, Co, Fe)
Justification of the work:
- Unprecedented bimetallic catalysts for polymerisation of norbornene (that is for the designof new catalysts)
- the processability can difficult and can be improved by adding some vinyl comonomer (That's for the styrene)
In parallele, they try to increase of the use of the word "didentate", after all "bidentate" was also a bit old world...
I'll discuss the resuls tomorrow.
Friday, 8 June 2007
Thursday, 29 March 2007
- a lot of organic chemistry reaction describes concisely, which is good if you tend to forget a bit your graduate organic lectures.
- a forum dedicated as it is always interesting to see what other fellows discuss. Obviously you have more to understand the forum gibberish that the science.